Do you know what WiFi is (what is WiFi in English) and what is the history of this technology? Although it has been many years since the internet has come in the world, but do you know how easy it was to get Internet Connection earlier.
The Internet was born from the network. Earlier, cable was the only way to send information in any digital form. An internet connection was taken from the wires itself. But you will know that we humans always like to relax and work without any trouble. I mean, how can the internetwork without cables.
Due to day-to-day changes, the computer scientist eventually created an AC wire lace technology called Wi-Fi. Nowadays, everyone is fully aware of this wireless technology. The new generation of youth is connected to the internet through this wireless technology. So let’s know in detail what Wi-Fi is.
What is Wi-Fi?
The full name and full form of Wi-Fi are Wireless Fidelity. It is an accessible Wireless Networking Technology. There is an AC technology, through which we are using the Internet and Network Connection today.
Now understand in our natural language, this is the technology through which we are getting internet facility wirelessly in our smartphones, computers, laptops.
Through this, you and we can connect to the Internet within the confined space. Nowadays, everyone has Internet access only through WI-FI and simultaneously transmits data wirelessly as you do with Share it and Xender. Wi-Fi has emerged from the wireless and Hi-Fi words.
Best Technology Essential Part:-
- How To Earn Money Online In India With Google & What Is Affiliate Marketing
- I Love Pdf | No. 1 Free Online Best PDF Tools
- Top Online Business Ideas In India 2020
- Top 8 Business Branding Tips For Today
- 5 Best Free Video Editing Software For All Platforms Windows, macOS & Linux Computer
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – SEO Khazana
- 14 Chrome Web Store Best Extensions & Manage Chrome Extensions For SEO Work
Wi-Fi Standard Wi-Fi Standard
Below are examples of WiFi Standard, which will be understood when you discuss the history further.
- The IEEE 802.11a: – IEEE produced it in the year 1999, which works at a speed of 54 Gbps up to 115 feet at 5 GHz.
- IEEE 802.11b: – It was built for domestic use in 1999, which worked 115 fit at 11 Mbps speed at 11 GHz.
- The IEEE 802.11g: – was built in the year 2003 by combining 802.11a and 802.11b, which worked at a speed of 54 Gbps to 2.4 GHz at a speed of 125 feet.
- IEEE 802.11n: – It was built in the year 2009 to work on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz recurring routers. Its data sending speed operates at 54 Mbps and up to 230 fit.
- IEEE 802.11ac: – It was built in the year 2009, which worked up to 115 Fits at a speed of 1.3 Gbps in 5 GHz recurring.
WiFi is a standard. Following the rule, we connect computers to a wireless network. In the present time, there are as many Smartphone, Laptop, Printer, and Computer. All of them have a WiFi chip. Through which you and we connect to Wireless Router and use the Internet.
Once Wi-Fi is enabled, once the wireless router is connected, you can access the Internet. But the router also uses DSL and cable modems to stay connected to the Internet. Otherwise, there is no Internet access.
Wi-Fi is similar to Hi-Fi, whose full form is High Fidelity. The complete structure of WiFi is not wireless Fidelity. It is just a name. The WiFi Alliance selected it.
It uses Technology Radio Waves. You use the Internet while walking. Let us now know how Wifi Technology works.
What is the full form of WiFi?
- The full form of WiFi is Wireless Fidelity.
WiFi in Hindi Meaning
- Wifi in hindi meaning is वायरलेस फिडेलिटी.
Who invented WiFi?
- Invented Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi) John O’Sullivan and John Deane of 1991 did.
History of Wi-Fi
- WiFi was born in 1985. When the United States FCC announced that Wireless Frequency 900MHZ, 2.4 GHz, and 5 GHz, anyone can use it without License. Then its history was started.
- Maybe, you would not know that these bands were used in domestic appliances like Microwave. Therefore, it was believed that they have no use. Notably, there is no use in communication. Therefore, to make this band usable, the FCC made it mandatory to use it. It was named Spread Spectrum Technology.
- The spread spectrum technology was licensed in 1941. George Anthill and actor Hady Lamar were to take a license. This was the technique through which signals were sent with multiple frequencies. This change should happen, but after this technology, the wireless signal was much improved.
- This technique failed to solve interference problems. Because at that time mobiles already had Radio Install. Due to which the signal quality was significantly affected.
- At that same time, technology was emerging, named WLAN (Wireless Local Area Network), which had a lot of technical problems. Like there was no standard of WLAN. Many issues had faced in connecting different company devices.
- In 1988, the NCR Corporation required a wireless Cash Register. That is why he, with the cooperation of Victor Hayes and Bruce Tuch, tried to make the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) a standard. In 1997, Standard Tayar completed, and the name which was quite attractive was “802.11”. It published in 1997.
- At that time, the speed of DATA Transfer in 802.11 Standard was around two megabits Per Second. In 1999, 802.11a published. Whose rate were around 54 Megabits Per Second? It was quite expensive, so its next version was released, which was named 802.11b, WiFi Technology launched it, this version was cheaper, and the range of this network was also much higher.
- 802.11 b in a very short time, due to being famous, there was a kind of fence of Wireless Technology. It had established its position in the hardware market very fast. Due to the range and compatibility, it was quite famous.
- For this reason, six companies got together and formed a Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance, or WECA.
- In 2002, he derived the words WiFi, Wireless, and a term HiFi. The name of which came to known after a few years from the WiFi Alliance. Now you must understand what is the history of WiFi.
How Wifi Technology Works
- Nowadays, everyone is using WiFi. Whether he and she in the office or at home or in the hostel, but no one knows how the actual technology works. First of all, we need an Electronic Device to use this technology. Which is called Wireless Transmitter / Hub / Router.
- This device creates WiFi networks. This Wireless Device (Router), Receives Information through Broadband Connection. Now there are some components inside it, which converts this information into Radio Waves.
- This device emits these Converted Waves outside. A small area of Wireless Signals formed through this process, which we call the WiFi zone.
- This small area takes the form of a WLAN (Wireless Local Area Network). There are all the devices in this small area like Smartphone, Laptop, Printer if all these devices have a built-in Wireless Adapter. With the help of which one can quickly get the WiFi Signal.
- Remember one thing if a mobile phone connected to WiFi. Understand that the device has a wireless adapter. Due to not having Radio Signals Strong, the distance of this network remains limited. Like inside and around a house, to the side of the road. That means its range is from 10 to 20 Meters.
- Radio Waves can quickly go beyond the wall. For this reason, the facility of the Internet is also available in nearby rooms. However, a wireless router is enough for a house. The more Router you go to the Internet, the faster the network will run, the stronger it will be.
- When you send some information like (Text, Image, Audio, Video) back to the Wireless Transmitter / Router, the same process will run the opposite. Like you are connected to WiFi, I mean, you are mobile. EX- You have sent text messages to your friend. This message converted into radio waves before exiting the mobile and after the signal reaches the transmitter/router.
- The transmitter/router converts to a text signal and arrives broadband and contains the receiver’s address. You know, and this is how WiFi works.
Important Information – There are some devices like Mobile, Laptop, and Tablet in which the Wireless Adapter is already inside. It is why most smartphones get the facility of the Internet through WiFi. There are some such as Desktop does not have wireless Adapter in them.
That is why they have to buy a wireless card or adapter, which is then inserted into the Desktop’s USB port, which we can also access in Desktop.
Features of what is WIFI
We also have many other ways that we can use the Internet, but the question is whether there are such features for which this technology is unique, so let’s know what is special about friends.
- When technology is not efficient in anything, we cannot call it active. Nowadays, everyone uses the cellular network for the internet. But you are not aware that the area of the mobile network is more.
- But when you are moving in a vehicle, then you use the Internet, but you often connected to different networks. It is why the energy of your mobile is more exhausted. Now energy called a battery or charge.
- But we talk about WiFi. Then it uses Radio Waves. The electronics device you need for this is the router. You can use a router for short distances and provide high-speed net service. In this, the charge of your smartphone is also less.
- All network provider companies. Compare them to a cheaper plan that no one else can give you. Whatever data remains in the mobile plan is in a few GB. If we talk about WiFi, then the 50 GB plan can be found in this and much more.
- You do not need to spend as much as DATA in it.
- If you use the internet more than the limit in the mobile network, the money will deduct from the main balance. On mobile, you always have to think every time which video to watch and which to watch. Only you will focus on saving data. Therefore, WiFi is excellent in terms of internet access and data.
- If we compare the speed of the Internet in a WiFi network with Mobile Network Speed, then the speed of WiFi is much higher. In the mobile network, if you are reading some mail and if you are reading an online book, then by then, the speed of the mobile is quite right.
- When talking, there is nothing faster than Wi-Fi in video and audio downloading.
- If you are doing this from your mobile, then do live streaming. You were just waiting to load on mobile. No one can compete in wifi speed. Speeds range from about 1mbps to 100 Mbps.
- Now the Jio is 4G, so people do not know how much the bill is. But mobile data priced a year ago. We had to think 100 times before recharging. Till now, you have used the free data of Jio.
- We calculate, then it is common to have a bill of 1 lakh. If you take a WiFi connection at home, then you will get a very cheap plan at a low cost whose family you can not use alone.
- Due to being cheap, in Hostel, College, School, Office Vagera, use this reasonable Internet Connection. `You can also reduce the Bills of your mobiles through online video calling and voice calling.
- It is cost-effective and money-saving. Let us now know about its advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of what is WiFi
- This technology is quite user-friendly. You can easily connect any smartphone, tablet, and laptop with wifi when it should be in the range of device wifi.
- It is very easy to use it, and just you have to turn on wifi. If there is a password, Enter your password and connect. Enjoy the Internet.
- Mobility means that you can access the Internet from anywhere, such as bus, train, showroom, coffee shop, supermarket, where it is a network.
- With a single WiFi device, you can connect many other mobile devices. For example, 4 to 5 mobile devices can connect with a Router. It takes you very little time to make this connection.
- As you know, it is very easy to access WiFi, and its range also fixed. Its speed is in Mbps. That like file sharing (Text, Audio, Video) as you do in the File Sharing app.
- Suppose lots of users are already connecting to WiFi. For this, you do not need to spend anything more and do not need any Cables. Now talk about Broadband Connection, then you need more Cables and Reconfiguration.
- The most important advantage is that it was quite standardized. Meaning a WiFi Router can run in all countries of the world.
Disadvantages of what is WiFi
- Although you will get Gigabit-speed WiFi in the market, till now, Gigabit speed is not available everywhere in them. But Gigabit is available in speed cables.
- It is a medium dependent network. It means that the strength of the signals decreases as soon as you go beyond any wall. You know the fixed range of WiFi remains.
- You can only use WiFi at a particular location. The farther you go, the lower the strength of the network. For example, one has to live within 10 meters to 20 meters.
- Nowadays, it is essential to know that anyone can enter your system via WiFi and steal your data. So this is the crucial disadvantage of this technique.
What is WiFi 6?
WiFi 6 is the next generation standard of WiFi technology. Wi-Fi 6 also called “AX WiFi” or ” 802.11 ax WiFi “. It has built by further improving the Mezhuda 802.11ac WiFi standard.
It would not be wrong to call WiFi 6 the fastest WiFi of all time. If people are not aware of the new technology of WiFi, then you should tell people that this is going to bring a big revolution in the world of wireless technology. WiFi 6 also known as ” AX WiFi ” and “802.11ax WiFi”.
Like I said earlier, it has made by making necessary improvements in the current 802.11ac WiFi standard. Initially, WiFi 6 created in response to the increasing number of devices in the world.
|Wi-Fi standard||Wi-Fi name|
If seen, WiFi 6 is an upgrade update to the WiFi router and not an upgrade to the WiFi service in general. For example, if you or anyone have a VR device or many smartphones or home devices, then the WiFi 6 router can prove to be an excellent WiFi router for you.
Why Wi-Fi 6 designed?
Wi-Fi 6 designed to improve the Wi-Fi speed, increase efficiency, and reduce congestion in scenarios with heavy bandwidth usage.
How fast is wifi 6?
The theoretical speed of a WiFi 6 or 802.11 ax is about 10 Gbps. Also, the speed and power consumption is very low.
It has a high speed because the 2.4GHz and 5GHz spectrum bands combine on it. Where both bands in 802.11 ac and 802.11 n (or Wi-Fi 4) were forced to work separately, but both are used together in this new standard.
MU-MIMO technology will now also enabled for uplink data with downlink data, which used to support earlier.
After the introduction of WiFi 6, there will be a lot of difference in the world of wireless technology. The world of the Internet will change to a great extent.